As you know we are doing a new website for museomix, we’re working to finish it off and put online for 1st october.
If you wanna see the website in is actual state you can have a look here : dev.museomix.org (connect with coordolocal account)
We are actually experiencing problem of performance with the server, that make our work very slow and uncomfortable, and that may delay our work.
So as now we have a dedicated server, we are wondering to migrate to a shared server.
Here are some information:
- we have these site : museomix.org, dev.museomix.org, community.museomix.org, wiki.museomix.org, summercamp wiki
- for the event, we use the server to exchange videos
- we don’t have a big audience
- dedicated server is more expensive than shared one
- we are free to use, install, maintain dedicated server as we want
- the maintenance is actually done by one person
- a shared server is maintained by the provider
Please, if you have any question, need more information, ask in this thread
We need a decision at most next wednesday 13th of september. Tahnk you!
Marilyne for the team web
cc @celia_cbo @samy