Call to Museum 2019 / Appel à musée 2019

Salut tout le monde !

Est-ce qu’un appel à musée a été lancé dans vos communautés ?
Il y a-t’il un appel commun ?
Pouvons-nous envisager un premier calendrier commun afin de travailler aux mieux avec les musées ?

Dans le nord, nous avions trouvé deux musées l’année dernière, et le second a bien travaillé son dossier pour trouver du financement avec 10 mois de plus que d’habitude. Du coup, on aimerait réitérer ça en trouvant notre musée pour 2020 héhé

Enfin, on se demandait hier soir en réunion, quelle serait la date d’annonce des musées pour 2019, il me semble que c’est début juin en général :slight_smile:

Bonne journé à vous,
Nina pour Museomix Nord

Hello everyone !

Has a museum call been launched in your communities?
Is there a common call?
Can we consider a first common calendar to work best with museums?

In the north, we found two museums last year, and the second worked hard to find funding with 10 months more than usual. So, we would like to reiterate that by finding our museum for 2020 hehe

Finally, we wondered last night in a meeting, what would be the date of announcement of the museums for 2019, it seems to me that it is early June in general :slight_smile:

Have a good day,
Nina for Museomix Nord

1 Like

(french below / en français ci-dessous)
Hello !
During the interco in Caen we talked about these questions, and we agreed on the following schedule : https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-T9oLBYxA7dex_laB48IaKn0aqg4-lKN_V1ABTBKUN4/edit

We agreed that :

• the call for museum is, above all, a communication tool. Some communities use it, some don’t, mostly because they are in contact with museums long before. Therefore, the use of the “call for museum” can be managed by each community on its way.
  • each community can chose to call for museums for 2019 and 2020 from now. So the 2020 schedule is already pre-programmed.
  • the “call for communities” is not a selection of the involved communities, but just a sharing of the information “we are museomixing this museum this year !”. This information might be shared on this forum and on the drive.

The practical result is in the doc ! If you don’t agree with this proposition, please tell us and let’s find a new agreement on this discussion thread !

Tasks to do :

• create the common form : @lpalli (Luca from Msmx CH)
  • updating the website (call for museum and announcement of the remixed museums in may) : who ? @lpalli , @celia_cbo (Celia from Msmx AURA) ? Other volunteers ?
  • communicate about the remixed museums and the call for participants on the common social medias : @Kwandika (Janaïne) ? Other volunteers ?

Margot for Normandy

FR
Hello !
Pendant l’interco à Caen nous avons parlé de ces questions et nous sommes tombés d’accord sur ce planning : https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-T9oLBYxA7dex_laB48IaKn0aqg4-lKN_V1ABTBKUN4/edit

Nous avons convenu que :

• l’appel à musées est, avant tout, un outil de communication. Certaines communités l’utilisent, d’autres non, souvent car elles ont déjà trouvé un musée depuis longtemps. Par conséquent, l’usage de l’appel à musée formel peut être géré par chaque communauté à sa manière, selon ses besoins.
  • chaque communauté peut choisir de lancer un appel à musée pour 2019 et 2020 dès maintenant. Le calendrier 2020 est donc déjà “préprogrammé”.
  • “l’appel à communautés” n’est pas une sélection des communautés participantes, mais plutôt un partage de l’information auprès des autres communautés “nous allons museomixer un musée cette année”. Cette information est donc diffusée sur ce forum et sur le drive.

Le résultat concret et pratique de ces décisions est sur le document ! Si cela ne convient pas à votre communauté, nous vous invitons à réagir sur ce fil de discussion pour trouver un nouvel accord.

Tâches à réaliser :

• créer le formulaire : @lpalli (Luca from Msmx CH)
  • mettre à jour le site web (appel à musées et annonce des musées remixés en mai) : qui ? @lpalli , @celia_cbo (Celia from Msmx AURA) ? d’autres volontaires ?
  • communiquer sur les musées remixés et l’appel à participants sur les médias sociaux communs “museomix” : @Kwandika (Janaïne) ? d’autres volontaires ?

Margot de Normandie

2 Likes

Bonjour,
Nous sommes en AG de la communauté Museomix Azur. Nous n’avons pas de musées pour Museomix 2019. Savez vous si un summer camp est prevu cet année et où? Car nous serions intéressés pour l’accueillir sur le département du 06 !
Bises
Laurène

1 Like

Que je sache rien est prévu pour l’été 2019 et personne l’a évoqué il y a 2 semaines à l’intero de Caen. Mais je peux me tromper…

Luca

1 Like

Hi there,
When is the open call closing?

I am in touch with a great museum in Goa, India (Goa Chitra Museum), who we are already running creative/digital workshops with that might be interested in joining in the next Museomix,

What would be the ideal next steps from our end?

Thank you,
Hugo

Hi Hugo,

In Caen it was decided to announce Musemix 2019 location between May 1st and May 15th with a common full announce on May 16th.
The 1st call for participant will be between June 1st and June 30th.

For the call for museums we decided to continue to use it but not only for the current year but also for the next (has done by multiple Museomix communities).

If you need help or more information you can write here…

Luca

1 Like

Thanks Luca,
Regarding next steps for us, do you have any documents in english I can share with my team (si non je peux traduire si il y a un document clef a faire circuler) on the steps to follow to get Museomix running in our area?

I’ve looked on the wiki and haven’t found too much regarding PR kits / assets / logos and any requirements there might be for omeone to join as an organizer, ideally I’d like to see if we can officialize the participation of our museums + makerspaces ASAP as to follow your dates.

Also if there are any upcoming conf-calls with the community it might be nice to have a few of my colleagues join.

Thank you,
Hugo

Hello!

It’s official : Muséomix Québec is back for the 2019 edition! The chosen museum is Musée de l’Ingéniosité J.Armand Bombardier. In fact, we already have the museum for the 2020 edition !

We are about to finish a document of presentation. Is there a place to share it ? Thank’s!

Geneviève

3 Likes

I think Italy is officially back!
We’ve received 3 answers to our national museum call, we’re very proud of it (our efforts to move the Italian community have brought results) and we’re evaluating them… and the opportunity/threats to have 3 Museomix in Italy again.

They’re very different one each other:

• a university archive/museum about visual arts in Parma - Emilia-Romagna called CSAC

• a university antropological/ethnographic museum in Firenze, Toscana (yes, yes)

• a civic museum in Ancona, Marche!

We’re going to update you very soon :slight_smile:

1 Like

Really happy to see Italy and Quebec are back :heart_eyes:

I have the same question regarding the Call to Museomixers : Is here a place to present the Belgian museum for the 2019 edition ?

And I have to write quickly this document :wink:

Jean-Marc from MuseomixBE