En route pour une ONG internationale des communautés!

Le Samedi 21 octobre 2017, a eu lieu à Lyon l’assemblée générale de l’Association Museomix.

Un peu d’Histoire …
Cette association a été montée en 2012 pour répondre à des besoins pratiques et opérationnels (être l’interlocuteur du ministère de la Culture, pouvoir collecter des financements au niveau de l’interco. et porter des charges pour l’ensemble des communautés : organisation de rencontres inter-communautés, développement et hébergement du site web).
A l’époque, l’association crée par les fondateurs de Museomix et domiciliée à Lyon. Elle a pour objet de “favoriser la diffusion de la culture numérique et participative dans les musées, d’imaginer de nouvelles formes de médiation culturelle, de constituer et d’animer une communauté de personnes intéressés par ces sujets”.

Le succès inattendu
Après le succès des deux premières éditions de Museomix au musée des Arts Décoratifs en 2011 puis au musée gallo-romain de Lyon-Fourvière en 2012, la communauté Museomix s’est largement étendue, permettant le remixage de plusieurs musées en simultané depuis 2013. En 2017, une cinquantaine de musées ont donc été museomixés en France, en Europe et ailleurs dans le monde. C’est aujourd’hui plus d’une vingtaine de communautés locales, dans plus d’une dizaine de pays qui s’activent. Museomix existe en 5 langues. Les modèles de développement sont très différents d’une communauté à l’autre, les écosystèmes locaux tout autant.
Le champs des expériences dérivées de Museomix s’est ouvert très largement à des formes singulières, adaptées au contexte local et aux individus qui les portent.

Aujourd’hui une communauté mondiale
Aujourd’hui Museomix regroupe la plus grande communauté internationale d’innovation collaborative dans les musées et lieux culturels. À partir d’un seul événement à Paris en 2011, en 6 ans Museomix a dépassé les frontières et a eu lieu dans plus de 50 musées, rassemblant chaque année des centaines de participants, contributeurs et organisateurs. En novembre 2017 Museomix aura lieu dans 14 nouveaux musées, au Brésil, au Mexique, en France, en Suisse, en Belgique, en Italie, en Autriche et se déroulera en 6 langues. Museomix regroupe à ce jour 12 communautés en France et et 12 autres dans le Monde. Il a inspiré BiblioRemix, Garemix, Edumix et de nombreux autres formats d’innovations collaboratives.

2017 à 2020 : de l’association française vers l’ONG internationale
L’ensemble des membres de l’association (Bureau et Conseil administration où siègent les fondateurs) voit avec un grand intérêt la dynamique qui a émergé lors de l’université d’été de juillet 2017 à Lyon de la part des communautés locales, visant à prendre en compte le développement de la dimension internationale et envisageant un portage du destin de Museomix par les communautés locales. Cette discussion a été confirmée et approfondie durant la rencontre interco à Bruxelles les 23/24 septembre 2017 à laquelle j’étais présent.

La création d’une ONG internationale qui porterait les communs et l’intercommunauté est soutenue par l’association Museomix qui propose de l’accompagner dans son montage pour pouvoir à terme lui transmettre l’ensemble des éléments que l’association porte actuellement.

Pour l’association Museomix. Fabrice DENISE, Président

10 Likes

Bonjour à tous et à toutes ! (message in english bellow)

A la suite du message de Fabrice, voici quelques mots des fondateurs présents lors de l’assemblée générale de l’association :

L’élargissement et la vitalité dont fait preuve la communauté Museomix nous impressionnent. En tant que fondateurs, nous sommes fiers d’avoir impulsé cette dynamique. Museomix a largement dépassé ce que nous avions imaginé en 2011 et continue de grandir de façon pleinement autonome aujourd’hui. A ce titre nous faisons parti de l’histoire de cette aventure, comme tous ceux et toutes celles font vivre la communauté Museomix et qui contribuent aux communs au fil du temps.
Le projet de consolider “l’inter-co” avec une coordination partagée par les communautés locales est prometteur et va dans le bon sens. Nous nous réjouissons de ces initiatives et nous voulons soutenir cette dynamique.

Pour ce faire de façon cohérence avec les règles du jeux (“ceux qui font ont raison…”) partagées depuis le début de Museomix, nous voulons rapprocher les moyens et les décisions, de l’action. Dans cette logique, les fondateurs présent à l’Assemblée Générale de l’association ont décidés, à l’unanimité avec les membres du CA de l’association Museomix, de proposer à l’inter-co de lui transférer les outils et les moyens dont elle dispose (voir message du Président).Nous proposons de le faire sur une période de 2 ans pour laisser à l’inter-co le temps de mettre en route son propre projet. Nous sommes également prêts à faciliter le montage de l’inter-co par le financement d’un accompagnement juridique si nécessaire.

Pour aller jusqu’au bout de ce soutient et de nos convictions nous proposons à l’inter-co d’adopter la “marque” Museomix et de la déposer à l’international au nom de la structure qui sera montée (pour le moment elle ne l’est qu’en France)
Nous sommes confiants que la communauté continuera à porter l’ambition initiale qu’elle incarne : bousculer les lignes et créer l’opportunité de transformer les musées en “plateformes” de ressources ouvertes où chacun peut trouver et prendre sa place.

Un joyeux Museomix 2017 à tous et à toutes et let’s have People make museums !

Samuel Bausson, Yves-Armel Matin & Christophe Monnet

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
ENGLISH

Hello everyone !

Following Fabrice’s message, here are a few words from the founders that were at the Museomix association meeting :

We are impressed by the broadening and vitality of the Museomix community. As founders, we are proud to have initiated this vibrant Museomix community that far exceeds what we imagined in 2011 and continues to grow today. As such we are part of the story of this adventure, as all those who make the Museomix community alive and contribute to its commons over time. The project to consolidate the “inter-co” with a coordination shared by the local communities is promising and goes in the right direction. We welcome these initiatives and we want to support this momentum.

To do this consistently with the rules of the game shared since the beginning of Museomix (“those who do are right …”) , we want to bring decisions closer to the action. With this principles in mind, the founders present at the General Assembly of the association have decided, unanimously with the members of the board of the association, to transfer its tools and means to the “inter-co”. We suggest to do this over a period of 2 years to allow inter-co time to start his own project. We are also ready to facilitate the structuration of inter-co by financing legal support if necessary (see Message from the President)

To fully support the project and be in line with our convictions we offer to the inter-co to adopt the Museomix “brand” and to file it internationally in the name of the structure that will be mounted (for the moment it only in France). We are confident that the community will continue to carry the initial ambition that this band embodies: shaking up the lines and creating the opportunity to transform museums into “platforms” of open resources where everyone can find and take his/her place.

Happy 2017 Museomix to all and let’s have People make museums !

Samuel Bausson, Yves-Armel Martin & Christophe Monnet

6 Likes

french below / français plus bas

Hello everybody,

The Museomix communities met in Brussels the 23 and 24 of september 2017, and then they have been busy because of something happening in november… Something did happen, isn’t it ? :wink:

So, a bit late, here you can find the conclusions of the week-end, written by @Carlota

To sum up : we are going to create an international ONG gathering the museomix communities from all over the world, in order to continue to imagine the museomix together, today and tomorrow !

The detailed minutes of the week-end, written on the spot and collectively, are on this document for the saturday and on this one for the sunday.

And don’t forget the wiki

Youhou !
Margot / Museomix Normandy

Bonjour à tous,

Les communautés Museomix se sont rencontrées les 23 et 24 septembre 2017 à Bruxelles, puis elles se sont laissées happées par un truc qui se passait début novembre… Il se passait un truc, hein, c’est bien ça ? :wink:

Avec un peu de retard, donc, voici une synthèse des décisions prises à Bruxelles, rédigé par @Carlota

En résumé résumé : nous allons, tous ensemble, créer une ONG internationale réunissant les communautés museomix du monde entier, pour que nous puissions continuer à inventer ensemble les museomix d’aujourd’hui et de demain !

Le compte rendu détaillé des échanges du week-end, rédigé en direct collectivement, est sur un document pour le samedi et sur un autre document pour le dimanche.

Et n’oubliez pas, toutes ces infos présentes sur le wiki : http://wiki.museomix.org/wakka.php?wiki=PracticalInfo

Wouhou !

Margot
Museomix Normandie

6 Likes

Thank you Margot, I was wondering about it :smiley:

Yuppie yuppieeeee! :star_struck:

1 Like

Hi everybody,

I am pleased to confirm that Msx AuRA will be present with at least 1 representative, maybe more. I will also comment and detail the decision the founders have taken to help us, financially and legally, to create a really inclusive and autonomous organisation.
Fine to see you again soon !

Jean Pierre

2 Likes

Thank you Jean Pierre :star_struck:

Hi guys,
I had a skype call with somebody who has experience setting up NGO’s in an interantional context. He referred met to form International ASBL (for Brussels that is though): it is supposed to be subject to a different legislation, sorry for copying the notes straight in here but im leaving for Bologna in the morning ;).

a bit easier, minimum 2 members, more flexibility, 2 teer or 3 teer governance structure, management will be more or less the same as other NGO, very popular legal form now because many lawyers that are knowledgeable in Aisbl, lots of information in english. It is ofcourse not a company structure in the sense you could have shares meaning that you have to look careful at activities that you’re want to do, for instance substantial contributions by members (important in international communities, deducting VAT is difficult), Belgium will decide if we have to be VAT registered of NOT.some taxation on income: .17 percent per person.

Things to take into account:
-Look at nature of activities
-Service to members
-are you ging to hire people or for free?
-how big are you going to be? (3 types of Aisbls from accounting perspective, probably first because requirements very small)
-problem if you have a board of directors who are not based in Belgium, distinction between employee and administrator has to be very clear

Redirect to lawyers:
Depends what you want, consulted lawyers on: writing articles of their association, how should you translate your idea of your activities that fits governannce model that belgium provides, tax advice: very good but not as strict as tax office, HR advice: social security and how to deal with employment (how can you have employees in several countries), people employed in belgum but posted elsewhere
-Bird & Bird: expensive, 2birds.com
-TKWS: smaller law firm: general consultation would cost around 2000 euros can work (negotiate!) , don’t neglect notary fees for establishing asbl (notarial deed) usually takes 3 months, (typically costs 500 euros)(make sure you have specific questions)
If you have lawyers around (Margo) you can write statutes yourself (then involve them to review your statutes)

Belgium in tha past was using the real seat principle, didn’t want to have asbl’s that were an empty box with an address, they requested strategic direction would be located in belgium, had to demonstrate that generally assembly meetings were taking place in brussels. This has changed.

Why did you choose Belgium? European project > european institutions, look at foundations, lots of good information, want legislation that you can find in english, lawyers that can help you out, people in belgian administration that speak english

Budget: probably 4.000 euro enough but try to do it for less, other option simply go to notary which might be less.

TO DO’s:
-Florian can share other AISBL statutes (association based on collaboration)
-contact details of lawyer

6 Likes

hello Sam,

when I’ll find time I will translate it in french : it is very specialized, and difficult to understand everything… I think we could discuss your proposal in Bologna ?

Hi,

I finally achieved a very first try to design a budget proposal for the “ONG”.
See it in PDF or Excel format
[https://drive.google.com/file/d/1S8lld4WAnenZNl6V6m3yYb45656XblQs/view?usp=sharing]
[https://drive.google.com/file/d/1S30o5oZkHp1F46OXE6strpvYixWKRo0P/view?usp=sharing]
To be discussed in Bologna !

Have a nice day,
Jean Pierre

2 Likes

Hi all,
Here is a official link to general (nevertheless precise) legal information about the creation of an international NGO in Belgium
https://justice.belgium.be/fr/themes_et_dossiers/associations_et_fondations/aisbl
Have a nice day,
Jean Pierre

2 Likes

Hi all,

In order to clarify which legal option we have to choose, we need to consult a skilled lawyer on the question of “international non-profit” structures.

If any of you has contact ou expertise to propose on that purpose, please contact @Sam.Donvil , wich is in charge of that item in the InterCo process.

Thank to all,
Jean Pierre

2 Likes

Hey all,

What a great job! Great also if we found a solution for a status. I just need to clarify what would the perimeter of this NGO (or other organization).
We are currently dealing with all the organization of the event with few means and it works…!
Also, if an NGO is too many gestion and administration is that the best solution ? We all are overloaded of work so I think it would be good to keep it simple and clear, with a transparent governance.
I’m sorry I wasn’t here for the interco… maybe these things have been discussed?
I can help for determining the perimeter of action of the organization, clarifying governance etc…

Maybe, the Museomix association can ask for being accompanied by the DLA : https://www.info-dla.fr/beneficiaires/qui-peut-etre-accompagne/

Thanks!

Marilyne

2 Likes

Hi Marilyne,
I think it depends on what tasks we’re giving the organisation. It think we listed a few in the drive and then we just need to determine whether or not it’s realistic to have them be done by people in communities. I think it probably is, if the norm is that if a community doesn’t organise a museomix they engage themselves to do this. For this we don’t technically need a new NGO though it may help to turn something fragile into something consistent. If we expect more services then we’re looking at a real organisation that might be more top heavy than we imagined which might require funding like this for instance. As for myself I find myself not having the time to look into this again: https://eacea.ec.europa.eu/creative-europe/funding/support-european-cooperation-projects-2019_en

1 Like

Thanks Sam,
I completely agree, we need to define the tasks, but for this, we need time and even to see the communities at stake.
At the moment, I don’t believe any of us has time… Though even I agree about the benefits of organization, I’m also afraid it brigns another level of organization and obligation… and so a kind of heaviness

I’ll try to look at the link you shared as soon as I can !

Cheers

Hi all,

I am browsing through the channels and I read the funny/tragic research of archives that are now access-forbidden.
That is exactly what a formal organisation would be useful for : not for “doing” the job, but for supplying a framework of “rules & reporting” and a real “global” look to the different tasks, so that each responsability and each people in charge of it could be identified.

Besides, some strategic tasks (like managing access rights, as for the bank daily management) should eventually need a twin-signature process, so that a single person should not be able to put the mess in it :wink:

Have a nice day,
Jean Pierre

3 Likes

Hi,
Hi,
I agree Jean-Pierre we defenitely must have rules for using our tools and sharing it. To me it’s not in correlation with a juridic form as an NGO, assocation or any organism. It’s more about talking to each other and deciding together of those rules, though describing a common organization for our network.
To me it means we need to get back the rights of the old tools (gmail, drive…) that were not made to be shared for a so long time.
I don’t think the co-founder imagined that the project would live so long. They definitely didn’t think to many details for making it sharable and open for a so long time. And that is the main problem.
So to me first step is shaping a collaborative management of our tools and make it available for us and the newcomers.
At the moment, we still don’t have this organization.
So I guess it would be a task in addition above all to define a juridic form, determine another organization and all administrative things… Because it means more time to spend than we spend at the moment. And I’m still not sure to see what it will bring of positive to the community as it is today.

Cheers

1 Like