Eng Translation for 2018 ed

For a english version tidy website :wink: Museomix beyond language boarders!

asap TARGET: 2018 museum ed. translation in english of CAEN - NICE - QUITO - SAINT-BRIEUC - ZAGREB

SHORT-TERM targets:

• 2018 page complete

LONG-TERM targets:

• Community involvement in their own section
  • Prototypes check and completeness
3 Likes

Ok, I reply to myself because I didnā€™t understand that it was first post instead of thread description but I kinda like it :smile:

Hi everyone, here we will check the english website pages of museomix.org!

This need rise from last INTERCO in Bologna where a group born in order to work on this side of communication. We analysed and fix some problems we found but still a looot of work to to :muscle::muscle::muscle:
Thatā€™s why we ask help from all communities! There are loads of targets to achieve but some are more urgent than others: 2018 EDITION PAGES!
There are missing those translations: CAEN, NICE, QUITO, SAINT-BRIEUC, ZAGREB
@MuseomixZagreb @Margot @Marcela-Bresil @NinaDebail @tounoki @samuelbausson could you help us? :slight_smile: Hope that are the right tags :wink:
@lpalli @celia_cbo I solved the missing caen page :vulcan_salute::v: but now it has a lot of codes and I think it didā€™t copy the french contents :skull_and_crossbones::skull_and_crossbones: could you to something?

At lastā€¦ May the RemixForce be with you!

4 Likes

Hi !
When I tried to put the english version on the website, I had a problem : the english version of our Caen edition appeared on the french page of resultsā€¦ Can you give us informations about the good way to create an english version ?
Thank you !
Margot / Normandy

Hi Margo! Caen page is a kind of matter :wink: It was disappear but now is restored!
If you check on website now you can see the caen page also in english but the contents are full of codes :frowning: so I put it in draft.
It is a bit complicated because once you create a page in another language, it is just a copy of the original page version, so we should traslate in ā€œhumanā€ way. Right now english pages are all created (instead of Zagreb because there no ā€œcroatianā€ page yet) so is just matter of get the english contents in the english page (you can find them in ā€œLieux> category eng > name of museum/placeā€
Hope I was clear in the explanation :grimacing:

If you cannot find it, please let me know :slight_smile:
Anna

I wonder if the Caen issue has something to do with the multiple venues thing?
1 location = Caen
3 museums = ChĆ¢teau + Normandie + Beaux-Arts

What do you think @AnnaWarri @lpalli @Marilyne @samy

1 Like

OKā€¦ Iā€™m done with the sorting by alphabetic order in Community EN page
http://www.museomix.org/en/list-communities/

For now it has to be done manually by changing the date of each article (the newest is the first to appear in the list)

1 Like

Hi !
Translation done for the Caen page, and there is no more bug, thank you !
The only problem left is the very bad english from google trad :wink:

Margot

2 Likes

@celia_cbo you are my hero! :heart_eyes:
Amazing! Thx @Margot :smile:

Weā€™re almost done, it will be amazing if NICE, QUITO and DAKAR page will be translated too! Anyone knows who might be in charge for them?

For Nice, try @Laurene

For Quito, @gabrielamenag

For Dakar, @Adrien

Have a nice summer :parasol_on_ground:

Hello

I found that English version of Museomix EC in community, is on-line: http://www.museomix.org/en/community/museomix-ec-2/

I got some problems when I first try to create it, but apparently someone helped with the technical problems, and now everything is ok!

I still have some problems with the page of 2018 edition. I am going to refresh it with the new information this weekend, after we announce the winner to be the host of Museomix EC 2018.

Hope that I can still get some help for the technical problemsā€¦

Thanks!!!

Gabriela

2 Likes